|We are home of the Original and Best Selling
"How to Get Your Ex Back" Click Here
How I Saved My Marriage
|My Story |
My husband's involvement and attraction towards me was fading away. It was only a matter a time before he would ask for a divorce. Even though I knew it would happen soon I was in a state of shock when the moment finally arrived.
I did what I could to cope with it all. I derived a �what's wrong with us� list. Then followed it up with a �how to improve� list. I gone through episodes where I pleaded with my husband, tried to talk him out of it, cried while bluntly begging and other usual responses and tactics from someone who doesn't want a divorce. We tried counseling without success. In desperation, I suggested a trial separation hoping that he misses me and things would go back to normal.
Story continues - read what happened next
Special Advertisers Section...
The Secret Recipes For Your Favorite Dishes
Discover the Secrets to America's Most Wanted Recipes. Learn the jealously guarded secrets behind actual dishes from The Cheesecake Factory, KFC, The Olive Garden, McDonalds,Red Lobster, Hard Rock Cafe...(far too many to list here)and learn how to easily cook them yourself! Check it out here!
Copy Cat Recipes
Cook the same recipes from your favorite restaurants for friends and family and have them convinced that you've ordered in. They simply will not believe that you've learned the secret, guarded recipes from the best restaurants. To check out these recipes click here!
The E-Cookbook Library
A lifetime membership and access to hundreds of cookbooks with new books being added constantly. Amazing new concept...never buy a new cookbook again, there will never be a need. Click here to check it out!
Not many people have expereinced caponata before and in case you haven't, caponata is sweet and sour eggplant. It is absolutely delicious and is almost better than a dessert! This is another one of those amazing dishes to surprise and impress your date with. Dates (most people anyhow) love to learn new things. Teach them about caponata!
- 1 Pound eggplant (preferably small but not Asian)
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 Cups olive oil
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste.
- 1/2 (28-oz) Can whole Italian tomatoes, finely chopped and juice reserved
- 2 1/2 Celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 Large onion, chopped
- 1/2 Large red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/8 Cup drained bottled capers, rinsed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes and transfer to a colander.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon sea salt.
- Let drain 1 hour.
- While eggplant drains, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Then sautÃ© three forths of the garlic, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups salted water to a boil in a saucepan, then cook celery until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Gently squeeze eggplant to remove excess moisture and pat dry.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil (about 2 cups) in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat then fry eggplant in batches, stirring and turning constantly with a slotted spoon, until browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes per batch.
- Transfer to paper towels.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons oil from skillet, then reduce heat to moderate and cook onion, bell pepper, and remaining garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, eggplant, celery, olives, capers, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and remaining teaspoon sea salt and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, uncovered, then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in parsley and basil. Serve cold or at room temperature.
As the main dish, we recommend the artichoke chicken accompanied with the lemon green beans.
As the starter, we recommend the corn bisque.
As a dessert, we recommend the chocolate mousse.
Have you tried this recipe?|
Leave a comment on it!